Sunday, June 29, 2008

Blogger's block?

So it's hard to keep writing on a blog, mainly because you run out of ideas for things to write about... or you just forget. Anyhow, I've been trying to come up with some ideas, so here goes:
The weather in Houston usually has one speed... HOT! Maybe, I'm exaggerating a little, but most of the time the sun is shining and it's over 90 degrees with high humidity. Some of you might be turned off by this, but I really don't mind unless I'm outside, which isn't a lot. I'd eagerly exchange snow and ice in the winter for hot and humid in the summer, but that's just me.

However, recently I've come to learn that weather in Houston actually has two speeds, HOT and MONSOON. The other day we were going into some dive bar for lunch with my coworkers. Some English guy who is working in Geneva, Switzerland was over here for a week and we were giving him a sendoff. When I say dive bar, I mean it's a shack with the insulation not covered in the roof and big holes in the plastic picnic tablecloths. The food was nice and greasy, and I felt a little sick afterwards, but I guess that's a small price to pay for local color. Anyhow, I digress.

So when we walk into this place, the weather would be most aptly described as quintessential HOT. The sun was bright and I don't remember a cloud in the sky. Literally, five minutes after being there, I here thunder that sounds like it's about five feet away. I mean loud enough to shake the shack... I looked outside and it was a torrential downpour with lightning and the whole shebang. Awesome, right? So we have lunch, which included sweet potato fries... which is a whole 'nother blog post. By the time we get back to the office and I look out the window... the weather has gone straight back to HOT... seriously, the weather here is schizo.

This has now happened at least three or four times since I've been here, including right now, but never as dramatically as the lunchtime typhoon... you gotta love Texas.

Bill out.

1 comment:

mom said...

ah, the midwest , or the west, or the south----or where ever texas claims to be. love, mom